Monday, December 18, 2006

Head (1968)

HOLY SHIT! In a surprising twist of fate, the Monkees movie turned out to be an amazing psychedelic surrealist freak out written by Jack Nicholson. Apparently, Jack Nicholson and the Monkees locked themselves into a hotel room for two days and got stoned out of their minds and wrote this movie. I don't have any reliable sources on that, but it's a charming story and after watching the movie it does not seem far fetched. I can't believe no one told me about this movie before, and therefor felt compelled to post about it. Totally mind-blowing movie, required viewing.

In other news: I spent all night Saturday dancing with the cutest girl in the world, and all Sunday morning being the most hungover girl in the world. But it was worth it.

1 comment:

cattleworks said...

I have not seen this movie, but I've heard of it before.
I don't remember Nicholson's involvement, but Bob Rafelson directed it, and that seemed a screwy enough juxtaposition of names and pop culture to give it a look.
Unfortunately, never got to that point yet...

meanwhile... "cutest girl in the world," huh?
Dammit!
You need to post some pics! For, uh, variety...

cattleworks