Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Failure!

I'm a total failure at writing about movies right now.

HOWEVER- my new apartment has an ant problem, and I was about to be really bummed about it, when I remembered what Richard Feynman wrote in Surely you're Joking, Mr. Feynman, about ants. They navigate by smell, and confusing their scent trail will...well, confuse their trail. So I dosed my kitchen sink liberally with some perfume someone gave me at some point, and what do you know: now my kitchen is ant free, without the use of pesticides; and it smells like that French girl I made out with in high school. So I guess reading that book wasn't a complete waste of my time after all...

2 comments:

cattleworks said...

This solution to ants in the kitchen is AWESOME!
Our ant problem seems to be much better than a few weeks ago, when I was killing ants with my deadly index finger (cold, merciless judgement from above!) as they raced out of the kitchen sink. I killed like 3 dozen, easily.

However, one of the reasons may have been we had a stack of dishes in the sink for a few days and I've been trying to be better about keeping up with that.

But, still, this non-, er, anticide method is great!
My wife will be very pleased.

Meanwhile, regarding your blogging suckage... well, obviously I can't say shit about that subject. The best I can do is challenge you to a duel of who sucks at blogging most.
On a pathetic, defensive note, I actually rambled out a long comment to your Grindhouse post... and then proceeded to lose it/delete it through stupid circumstances/ineptitude, which was incredibly depressing.
Haven't had the will to attempt again.
But, with my one cat (who's affectionately lying against my ass on this chair, unwittingly shoving me closer to the edge of the seat) as my witness, I will try to comment again, I swear!
Probably after the long weekend.

Until then, I hope you and all Gore-Gore Girl readers have a good, safe weekend...

And hey! On a nosy personal note, how did that conference turn out?

Lilla Smutzig said...

It was great! Not nearly as intimidating as I had anticipated.