Monday, June 25, 2007

LOCK AND LOLL!

Wild Zero (2000) Tetsuro Takeuchi

So, I keep picking movies to write about that largely speak for themselves. Wild Zero, for those who missed it, was the Rock 'n Roll zombie alien gender-bending guitar-sword-spaceship-slashing epic I had been waiting for my whole life. It's chock full of Guitar Wolf's sloppy, noisy punk antics, complete with excessive hair combing and beer drinking as well as concert footage (R.I.P. Bass Wolf). If you're not already totally convinced that you should run out and rent it right now based on what I just said, ummm....we're not friends anymore.

I could review this movie, instead of listing genres that it could possibly belong to (guitar-sword-spaceship-slashing? Whatever). But it's not that kind of movie. It's way too Rock 'n Roll. Which brings me to what I've really been thinking about.

Rock 'n Roll is NOT over, baby! Rock 'n Roll NEVER DIES!

So can we all just go out sometime this week, buy some cheap beer, put on the Cramps, or the Ramones, or Elvis, Guitar Wolf, or hell, even the Murder City Devils, and remember that anyone with a guitar can be a hero for 5 minutes, and we aren't above loving them for trying. In fact, God Bless the talentless, scrawny boys of the world who first picked up a guitar because they thought it could get them chicks. God Bless them, every one.

3 comments:

cattleworks said...

"Lock and Loll!"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

M. Here said...

If you haven't, you need to see "Versus". I saw it described as a "zombie/yakuza/samurai/kung fu/splatter flick" and just had to pick it up. It's worth it. It kind of goes on at times, but the character actors are perfect!

Lilla Smutzig said...

Versus=yes. Totally awesome. 'Specially the hot chicks with guns.