Monday, April 2, 2007

Still horrified

Two things I wish I had never overheard:

"Let's see... Maryland... Maryland... I just can't remember what state that's in "
- a Comcast employee, talking to a customer who was apparently calling from Maryland

"I'm really bummed they locked that gate"- my neighbour
"Why?" -his girlfriend

That last one isn't quite as awful out of context, but the gate to the back of my building has been locked and we now have to walk around a block of apartment buildings in order to get to the back, besides which the only reasonable answer to that question is "because I can no longer use the gate" in almost any context. I wonder what she's like in bed. Not very intuitive, I would imagine.

I swear to Jesus on the cross I'll watch some movies soon, and then write unbelievably interesting things about them.

1 comment:

cattleworks said...

Aw, man....
I am so lame at geography.
It was during a game of Trivial Pursuit years ago that i had an epiphany and realized that New England wasn't a state.
Of course, I said this out loud...