Monday, January 22, 2007

Day of 1,000 posts

But seriously, this has to be said.

I called my bank today to ask if there had been any checking activity on my account, because I ordered checks several weeks ago and never received them. I had a nightmare last night in which the missing checks had been stolen, and decided to quiet my paranoid fantasies by checking with my bank. Turns out 3 checks, for a total of $1,200, had been cashed into the bank of America account of one Antoine Hopewell. I changed my account number, cancelled the checks, and called the police, handed over my copies of the forged checks, complete with the criminal mastermind's name and account number, and that's that. So I will have my money back in 20 days, and this genius will be a convicted felon in hopefully not many more. So here's to intelligence, larceny, and 3 counts of fraud.

1 comment:

Chandira said...

Oh no!! Not good. yeah, what a Mastermind.. lol

Good for you.

I usually get trouble with my BANK ripping me off, never mind other people. Weird overdraft charges when I wasn't overdrawn.

Been meaning to stop by and say hi after you left a nice comment on my blog a week back about being fellow pirates.. Yar..

:-)