Friday, January 12, 2007

More Forbidden Zone

I just re-watched the forbidden zone and was reminded of my true life goal: to have a human chandeliere hanging over my excessively long dining table, balancing candles from his hands and toes. I also watched the documentary that was one of the features on the DVD, which features a haggard and possibly drunk Susan Tyrell explaining that when she first saw Herve Villechaize, "I knew I wanted to fuck a midget." For more about Herve and his status as a sex god, see

http://www.pimpadelicwonderland.com/herve's.html

4 comments:

cattleworks said...

My best friend has a degree in film and at one point he was living in california attending USC.
He became friends with the children of a director (damn! I can't think of his name but he did TV work in the 60s and 70s, Barry Something), and one night he was at a party of theirs and they said, "Hey, you want to go next door? They have a pool."
Well, their next door neighbor was Herve Villechaize.
So, everybody was like, sure!
They go next door, knock on the door, and Herve himself opens the door!
Holding a gun!
But, I guess it wasn't totally out of character for him to do that, because they still asked if they could use his pool and he said, sure.
I think this was during the time when he was married to a model (late 70s/early 80s?).

Oh! And the director was Barry Shear, who had died in '79, but did a lot of TV work, including episodes of "Night Gallery" which must've been cool for my friend, Steve, because he was a fan of the show.

Lilla Smutzig said...

That sounds amazing. I bet everything in "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" is true.

cattleworks said...

I guess I should watch that damn DVD (DOLLS) since I asked for it for Christmas and got it...
An inconsequential correction:
my friend actually went to UCLA. In my memory I pictured him wearing the maroon USC T-shirt, but then I remembered it was a "costume" he was wearing for his short film HOW TO GET TO UCLA WITHOUT USING YOUR CAR.

Lilla Smutzig said...

gotta watch that movie. the mere idea of Roger Ebert typing out some of those lines makes me wet. Maybe I'll write a review of that next...